Meet The Dentist
Hello, and welcome to Four States Dental Care! Since 1984, I have been practicing general dentistry, and to this day, I can still honestly say that I love what I do! I truly enjoy working with all of the wonderful people who come in and out of the practice, as well as the dedicated team for whom I am truly blessed to have working with me. I am a continuous learner, and for me, dentistry is a great way to challenge myself while also making a positive difference in another person’s life. It is an honor, and my pleasure to work with you and your family.
As a native of Corpus Christi, TX (Texas), I have been proud to call Neosho home since 1984. My wife, Diane, and I have two sons and two daughters (along with two daughter-in-laws, and one son-in-law); our son Riley and his wife Sara, our daughter Shelly and her husband Chantz, our son Matt and his wife Stacey, and our youngest daughter, Lauren. We also are proud grandparents of nine grandchildren. I enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities, especially hunting and fishing. My wife and I live on a 238-acre ranch, where we raise commercial and registered Red Angus cattle.
Education and Internships
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, graduated with honors – University of Texas at Austin
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) – Baylor College of Dentistry
- Pharmacist intern M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
- Staff pharmacist M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
- Part time staff pharmacist at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas
Continuing education is an important part of dentistry, and as a dentist, I am particularly committed to staying on top of the latest dental technology. By participating in continuing education courses, I am able to continue offering my patients the most sophisticated treatment options. I have completed several continuing education and certification courses, including:
- Completed CE curriculum from the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Education
- Completed CE curriculum from the MISCH International Implant Institute
- Extensive studies in oral sedation at the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Served on the DOCS faculty as an advanced cardiac life support instructor and ACLS course administrator
- Attended an ADA approved IV sedation course at the Medical College of Georgia Dental School’s Oral Surgery Department
- Received a permit for IV sedation in the state of Missouri
I have recently begun several courses at the KOIS Center in Seattle, WA and will be receiving a Master’s Award from the Academy of General Dentistry in the next couple of years. I have been a member of the Garden Company of Sandpoint Idaho since 2000, and I’ve received the Boy Scouts of America’s Wood Badge for the Adult Advanced Leadership Training Program. It’s a belief of mine that a person never stops learning, and I want to continue learning for the benefit of my wonderful patients, staff, and profession!
Memberships and Special Dental Recognition
In addition to continuing education, I am involved in several different dental organizations, and over the years, I have received special recognition for my work as a dentist and as a member of the dental community.
- American Dental Association (ADA) – member
- Southwest Missouri Dental Society – member
- International Congress of Implantology (ICOI) – member
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS) – member
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) – member
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA) – member
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry – awarded 1998
- Fellow of the International Congress of Implantology – awarded 2004
- Fellow of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation – awarded 2007
Dr. Spandana (Sandy) Mukka
Dr. Spandana (Sandy) Mukka joined the Four States Dental Care team in early August. She works mainly in the Neosho office. Dr. Mukka has the distinction of going through dental school twice. She attended dental school in her native India and practiced dentistry for one year there. After the year of practice, she moved to New York and began dental school again with advanced placement. She attended New York University from 2012-2015, graduating in May 2015.
Dr. Mukkaâs family has a long and wide history of health care providers. Her father is still a practicing medical doctor in India and has practiced for many years. She also has two uncles in the northeast United States who are medical doctors. Her brother is a medical doctor and recently completed his residency and is now practicing at St. Francis hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which is one of the reasons Dr. Mukka selected our area to practice in. We welcome her to our practice. Her persistence and dedication to dentistry is admired by all of us here at Four States Dental Care.
Dr. Jesutomi Ojeleye
Also joining us at Four States Dental Care is Dr. Jesutomi Ojeleye. Dr. Ojeleye came to the United States at the age of 6 with her family from Nigeria, Africa. Her father was a medical doctor in Nigeria and came to the United States a few years before the rest of the family. He went through medical training again in the United States and has been a practicing medical doctor in Ottawa, Kansas for 30 years. Dr. Ojeleye attended the University of Kansas for undergraduate college and attended dental school at University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics from 2010-2014. She then entered an advanced education in general dentistry at Southern Illinois University in Alton, Illinois in June 2014. She completed the residency in July 2015.
In the AGED residencies, doctors have rotations in the specialty areas of oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics and prosthodontics and pedodontics. In addition, they have exposure to hospital practice including some experience with sedation and general anesthesia in operating rooms. Dr. Ojeleye says that pedodontics was her favorite rotation and that she enjoys working with children. She will spend most of her time in the Neosho office, but may work in our Monett office some as well.
Dr. Rod Simmons
Dr. Rod Simmons joined our team in November 2014. Dr. Simmons had a large general dental practice in Sedalia, Missouri, for many years. He sold it in 2013 and bought a smaller practice in Ozark, Missouri, in early August 2013. He practices in our Monett office on Wednesdays and Thursdays. He is a seasoned practitioner with over 25 years of experience, and we are grateful for his presence.